The NYOIPA is designed to empower Private Practice ODs, benefit All ODs , and will include OMD’s and others professionals in the near future as regulations allow. The current minimal qualifications required to be considered for maximum participation, membership-ownership, as an OD are:
- Minimal Ownership Qualifications as of 1-29-2014 (may change as needed by the IPA)
- Be an OD who owns your own practice or an employed OD of a private practice that meets the below conditions.
- Be (have) a primary OD owner practitioner (who may employ an OD as in #1 above, but must own the majority of the practice) who has control of the dispensary and its profits.
- Be available 24 hours a day, if needed, to meet ObamaCare requirements for ACO’s, PCMHs and other new medical organizations.
- Provider Qualifications (Non-owner) IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY AS A PRIVATE PRACTITIONER OWNER (AS YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE YOUR OWN COMMERCIAL AFFILIATION AND SUPPORT ORGANIZATION) PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING AS A NON-PREFERRED PROVIDER SO YOU MAY BENEFIT FROM ALL THE NYOIPA PLANS THAT YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR!